My client, a Global Banking Group in Zurich with a strong leadership team, is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel contribute and advise on wide range of legal matters in relation to their activities around the globe. If you are a Swiss qualified Lawyer and/or a Legal Counsel with a Swiss law degree, with experiences in an international law firm or financial services institution, this is a wonderful opportunity for you!
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will:
- Be responsible for global legal transactions related to global markets, structured financing and banking solutions
- Supervise and provide legal advise on company level and to internal & external stakeholders
- Negotiate, review and draft various type of contracts including implementation of legal decisions throughout specific departments of the business
- Maintain and update on all relevant legal matters i.e. regulations, market & group standards, corporate law, group standards etc.
- Ongoing observation and implementation of legal framework in international jurisdiction
- Provide legal advice on all commercial issues and agreements throughout the business including senior management
As Senior Legal Counsel, you should have:
- 10 - 15years of experience as a (Senior) Legal Counsel in financial services sector and/or as a Lawyer in an international law firm
- Knowledge in Corporate Banking, Capital Markets Law and international structured financing transactions
- Advisory and business development experience in an international environment would be an asset
- Previous experience as a Legal Counsel and/or Lawyer is essential - Swiss LL.B is a must, additionally a UK law degree / Swiss Bar / Master's degree and above is a plus
- Business fluent English, German or other European language skills would be a plus