We are working with one of the largest bank in the world. Our client is looking to on-board a Head of Financial Crime to come and join its business in Luxembourg. The bank has established branches in Belgium, France, Italy, Poland, Spain and the Netherlands; Luxembourg being their European headquarters.
Located in the heart of Luxembourg city, you will be responsible for AML/CTF, sanctions, embargoes and ABC compliance. You will manage a team of 3 people and report to the Head of Compliance Luxembourg and the European Chief Compliance Officer.
- Implement the Group's policies;
- Manage the country risk rating list and enhance the methodology;
- Produce the assessment of transactions (trade finance, purpose of loans, etc) and customers from an AML and sanctions perspective;
- Manage the transaction monitoring tool (Siron): design scenarios to cover all activities of the bank and control that all data are properly fed in the transaction monitoring tool on a regular basis;
- Control that the client database are screened against sanctions list and PEP list daily;
- Design the management of the sanction risk: train the front office to detect red flag in the customers files or transactions, draft a sanction risk assessment card to be filed in case of red flags;
- Advise and assist the front lines regarding AML/CFT, sanctions/embargoes and ABC;
- Report to FIU the suspicious activities;
- Provide expertise to the other teams for policies and procedures, risk assessment and work closely with the oversight team, etc.
- Provide education and training on FCC topics to staff, management and Board of Directors and especially to the front office in order to increase awareness and compliance culture and strengthen the first line of defence;
- Contribute to produce regulatory reporting and ad hoc ones, as well as statistics on his/her perimeter;
- Contribute to the analyze of new products;
- Contribute to implement the regulatory projects within FCC perimeter;
- 8 year's minimum experience in financial institution in similar position or in another control function;
- University degree in Economics or Law;
- ACAMS certified;
- Fluency in English, French would be considered an asset
To apply for the position please send a copy of your CV to:
+44 203 758 8838