One of the Leading Global Commercial Banks are currently seeking for an Associate Director, Sanctions, GSRT Europe to join their EU Headquarters.
- Advice given to key stakeholders regarding the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices, and the Group Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Acts as a key subject matter expert on all EU sanctions matters, advising first and second line colleagues on new or existing EU sanctions-related business.
- Assesses all escalations from the 1st line of Germany and UK clients which carry a sanctions nexus and provides commentary through the Sanctions Risk Assessment process in order to aid 2nd line approvers in decision making.
- Analyzes the impact of anti-financial crime regulatory issues on the relevant business area(s) and its operations.
- Ensure key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are implemented (in region/country), in coordination with Group communications.
- In charge of finding, assessing, monitoring, controlling, and minimizing Group hazards. Also, an awareness and comprehension of the major risks confronting the Group, as well as the individual's responsibility in managing them.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of the Group's arrangements for providing effective governance, oversight, and controls in the business and, if necessary, overseeing improvements in these areas.
- German speaker, ideally native speaker and fluent English.
- Law degree, perhaps economics.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of sanctions experience, working in a bank.
- Financial crime compliance, exposed to some EU sanctions work.
- Understand German legal system / law