A top American Investment Bank is looking to add headcount to their Operational Risk Department within their Sales & Trading Control Functions. This is a VP-level role that will be overseeing 2nd line risk coverage for Control functions such as Finance, Valuation Control and Trading Operations.
The opening can sit in New York NY, and will be a hybrid format with 3 days a week in the office. This firm is looking to expand their Operational Risk team with Sales & Trading Control Functions, and this role will work closely alongside the team lead to oversee and execute risk-mitigating tasks relating to Securities.
The VP's responsibilities include:
- Running RCSAs for Sales & Trading Control Functions such as valuations and product control
- Performing deep dive analyses to identify areas where enhancements are needed to reduce risk
- Communicating closely and building relationships with senior executives
- Performing scenario analyses to quantify stress loss and reviewing operational risk incidents to determine if remediation efforts are sufficient
- Act as lead Operational Risk point of contact for colleagues across Market Risk, Sales & Trading, Product Control and Valuations
The VP should have:
- 7+ years of experience within Risk, Product Control or Valuations
- Prior experience with Controls Functions groups such as Valuations, Product Controls and Trading
- Familiarity with either Capital Markets or Sales & Trading
- Expertise in Operations or Operational Risk is preferred
- Great communication skills and the ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders