A leading American Investment Bank is looking to hire a Vice President to their Risk & Controls Validation group. This position will support the validation of Firm-wide Risk Management processes supporting Capital Planning and Capital Oversight across Market Risk, Credit Risk and Operational Risk. This is an independent second line that will validate the bank's risk metrics and calculations for CCAR and Stress Testing across all financial stripes.
This role will be a management position, as you will be overseeing 4 associates accountable for supporting risk calculations used for Capital Planning and CCAR submissions. This is a hybrid opportunity that sits in NYC and will require you to come to office 3 days a week.
The VP will be responsible for:
- Managing risk management's deliverables for CCAR submissions for the bank, including validating risk procedures, ensuring risk guidelines are being met, and overseeing timely exam submittals
- Overseeing scope inventory and identification of key emerging risks, and leverage testing observations to contribute to improving the team's validation methodology and execution capabilities
- Performing independent validations of select Risk processes, support planning and execution of CCAR and FR y-14q validation program
- Managing a small team accountable for technical work and process improvement
- Maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders across Risk, Compliance, Finance, Treasury, Liquidity Management, etc.
- Manage external regulatory interaction
The VP should have:
- 8+ years of experience in Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Internal Audit or Risk & Controls
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team
If this sounds like a good fit for your background, please don't hesitate to apply!