A Top International Investment Bank is looking to hire a Vice President of Operational Risk to cover their Sales and Trading line of business. This is a role that would sit on the trade floor and oversee second lines responsibilities from an ORM perspective. You would be joining a lean team with high visibility projects across all areas of the Sales and Trading business, making sure that risks are effectively identified, calculated, and addressed.
This role can sit in NYC and will operate on a hybrid schedule. The base pay can range from $150k - $175k with a discretionary bonus.
The VP will be responsible for:
- Establishing the Operational Risk Framework for Sales and Trading, making sure that standards and guidelines are being met
- Executing and monitoring Risk and Control Self Assessments for Sales and Trading, as well as performing root cause analysis and defining KRIs
- Effectively identifying emerging risks and overseeing the remediation process by monitoring, measuring and controlling risk metrics in accordance with the bank's risk appetite
- Act as a point of contact for 2LOD senior management and senior stakeholders
The VP should have:
- 7+ years of experience in operational Risk, Product Control, or Internal Audit
- Familiarity with basic Operational Risk processes, a deep understand of 2LOD functions
- Experience working in Risk Management within Sales and Trading is a plus
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills to form and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders
If this role sounds like a good fit for your background, please do not hesitate to apply!