A leading American Financial Institution is hiring a Model Risk Manager at the VP level to join their team in the NYC area.
This individual will document models across the firm, manage model inventory and usage, and conduct surveys to perform model determination assessments. You'll be working very closely with stakeholders across the business including quants, market and liquidity risk management, IT, audit, and regulators.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience in a model risk function, deep understanding of SR 11-7 model risk policies, and broad knowledge of risk management models and methodologies.
- Conduct annual model review survey of risk models used across all stripes of risk at the firm
- Make model determinations and proactively identify and address any issues
- Develop and implement automation tools to increase efficiency
- Partner with stakeholders across the firm, working very closely with validation and quant teams throughout the model life cycle
- Satisfy quarterly and annual regulatory requirements as well as any ad hoc requests
- 3+ years in a model risk function (development, validation, governance, review, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
- Deep understanding of SR 11-7 and other model risk regulatory guidelines
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning models and VaR modeling across asset classes
- Excellent communication skills