SVP - Retail Credit Risk
My clients who are a large International Investment bank are launching a digital bank.
The Bank will target digitally savvy consumers who have a strong willingness to interact with banks primarily through remote channels.
Initially, the bank will offer current accounts, via a mobile app, supported by customer service and fulfillment centers across the Group's existing sites & will in time become the core business activity undertaken within the group.
You will support the Senior Credit Officer for International Consumer who is responsible for managing the material credit risks residing in this line of business, via adherence to relevant Risk policies and limits, providing independent advice and challenge, and reporting of existing and emerging credit risks to the CRO and CEO and appropriate line of business and legal entity governance.
- Works closely with the International Consumer business in Germany to design and build a range of credit products and strategies that aligns with the risk appetite of the group.
- Oversees the businesses in their management of credit risk in International Consumer (Germany), through independent advice and challenge.
- Agrees with the Senior Credit Officer the Risk Appetite Statements for International Consumer Germany and makes recommendations for approval to the legal entity board (through its' Risk Policy Committee 'RPC'). Ongoing review of International Consumer's risk appetite.
- Takes reasonable steps to oversee that credit risk policies and appropriate risk limits are in place in respect of businesses undertaken in International Consumer (Germany) and that, to the extent possible, these comply with firmwide risk policies and standards.
- Maintains an open relationship with the regulators.(German langauge skills needed).