We are currently adding top talent software engineers within a Data Architecture team at one of the largest Global Investment Banks in the market. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Our team, Data Architecture, is focused on the firm's data strategy.
* All roles in Data Architecture offer the opportunity to work Directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
* Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient platform. Collaborate with core engineering consumers and the BU aligned development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations.
* You will collect requirements, and assess technical feasibility of their requests of your clients and adjacent technology platforms
* Your clients' background range from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers. Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
* The Data Lake is being adopted by technology teams across the Firm at a very high rate. As a result the platform is still growing and evolving. As a developer on the Data Lake team, you will work with the latest technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Akka to build complex distributed applications to handle large data sets.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 7+ years of experience with Java with a good grasp of Java development, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and testing best practices.
* Good understanding of distributed systems
* Working knowledge of scripting languages, Linux, Networking protocols, security and file systems
* Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, self-motivated, independent, creative, can solve interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems under time pressure and resource constraints
* Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
* Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle: inception, analysis, design, review, testing, and deployment
* Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide an intuitive, seamless end user experience.
* Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues in a diverse global organization
Preferred Qualifications * Data Lake Role: * Experience with developing Workflow, Spark, MapReduce, Flink, Elasticsearch, and Sybase IQ.