A leading hedge fund is actively looking to build out a new team and a new trade and analytics research platform. This platform will be a high scaled system that will be responsible for providing critical real-time processing and analysis of research to be used by teams globally. This team will be spearheading the development of a new pipeline and ultimately changing how infrastructure and DevOps will be valued within the firm by utilizing progressive technologies and native deployment strategies. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and across different groups. If you're looking for a high impact, high reward, and career advancement then don't hesitate to apply to learn more about the opportunity!
- Be a key contributor in defining and driving an effective model as well as, architecting, designing, and developing a brand-new platform using advanced technologies.
- Deploy and manage a large-scale distributed system to host tens of thousands of interconnected microservices to ultimately run across multiple data centers.
- Provide professional expertise and conduct secure and reliable deployment strategies for software deployments to the trading systems, infrastructure growth, and management.
- Write automated scrips to assist with efficiently operating and stabilizing applications for the trading platform
- Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Professional experience working in a DevOps or SRE role
- Proficient with programming languages; preferably Python, Shell, Perl
- Proficient with database technologies (experience with KDB/Q is a plus)
- Extensive experience working with large distributed, scalable, and complex systems
- Experience with data visualization tools; Splunk or ELK Stack
- Experience with highly scalable configuration management tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, etc.), experience with containerization tools (Docker or Kubernetes), and experience with monitoring technologies (Zabbix/ITRS)
- Professional experience with Linux, working knowledge of networking fundamentals, and hardware.