Senior Risk Manager - Algo Trading / Prop Trading (m/f/d)
Our client is one of Europe's leading energy and utilities companies headquartered in the south of Germany. As the company's trading and assets teams are growing, the Head of Risk is looking to a hire a new Senior Risk Manager to support the traders and management.
The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge in managing risks across different energy related portfolios, will be working hand in hand with the trading desks and will have a broad knowledge base across market risk and other financial risk types.
This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Germany and some other places in Europe, but the line manager would expect regular travel to the headquarter in southern Germany.
- Assume full responsibility for the capture and transparent communication of risk to traders and management (no surprises)
- Risk analysis with focus prop trading including algorithm trading
- Ensure that risk reporting is focused on providing intelligence, not data, in a concise and simple manner to enable decisions that are fully informed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the risk assessment of new business related to the desk is comprehensive and fits the risk/return profile
- Establishing hedging strategies for FX and interest rate risks
- Provide input to developing risk governance and risk management strategies to maintain a best practice approach to evaluate risks and valuation
- Define and monitor limits
- Support implementation of risk and PnL measurement for a new risk system
- University degree in mathematics, physics, economics or comparable quantitative background
- Experience in risk management for commodity trading especially Prop-Trading
- High IT affinity, Python experience necessary
- Experience in reviewing trading algoithms and building algo-trading systems
- Preferably experience in the electricity, oil, Co2 and/or gas markets
- At least 5-10 years professional experience in this area
- Fluent English and ideally also German
For further information please apply here or call Christine Kramp directly - her number is +49 30/ 166389732