Senior Python/DevOps Engineer (Python Boto3, AWS) | Prestigious Hedge Fund
A globally recognized and rapidly expanding hedge fund in the Boston area is actively seeking a Python/DevOps Engineer to work within their infrastructure/dev-ops team, responsible for enabling Public Cloud AWS services for their next generation Cloud Computing platform. This position would yield you an excellent opportunity to drive innovation across multiple teams and provide mentorship to members of various tech teams, while evolving and automating cloud native infrastructure and critical business processes.
The Python/DevOps Engineer will be responsible for:
- Automating and building AWS Services across their CI/CD pipeline and Security ecosystem
- Displaying your expertise with Python stack for the Cloud & Infrastructure team and improve the maturity of the team
- Analyze and research potential use-cases to integrate new AWS services and help this firm become 100% cloud-based as quickly as possible
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with key cross functional leaders and team members by providing critical leadership
The Python/DevOps Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree in C.S., C.E., or related fields.
- Experience in financial services is a plus
- Software engineering background with 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise Python products or event-driven products including modern notions like OOP, TDD, containerization and micro-services
- 1-2 years of experience in developing and maintaining cloud automation tooling (AWS / Boto3 preferred)
- Proven record of building and designing Python framework for applications
- Proven record of building DevOps API to support IaC approach in CI/CD context
- Solid experience with Python, Flask, FastAPI, Swagger and CI/CD (Git/Gitlab/Github)
- Lean teams, little bureaucracy and flat title hierarchies
- Globally diverse and sophisticated institutional client base
- Tripled in AUM since 2014 and are rapidly growing
- Hybrid working environment (10 days / Quarter in office)
If you're interested in the Python/DevOps Engineer role, please do not hesitate to apply!