A renowned asset manager located in in New Jersey is looking for a hybrid Portfolio Analyst / Portfolio Manager to join their team. The firm is looking for individuals who have extensive experience within the equities space specifically with long / short strategies. You will be required to come into the office 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) with the opportunity to work from home the remaining 2 days.
- Assist with portfolio management, construction, optimization, and analysis.
- Provide recommendations and improvements for the portfolio through a quantitative lens.
- Lead internal and external discussions with team members & investors regarding portfolio performance and initiatives.
- Find patterns in data and make predictions about future market movements
- Designing, researching, and managing sophisticated investment strategies through the creation of advanced quantitative models
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Econometrics, or a STEM subject (Financial Engineering, Statistics , etc.)
- 7+ years of experience within Quantitative Research and Portfolio Management(need to have at least 2+ years of Portfolio Management experience)
- Technical proficiency in Python, MATLAB, SQL (a plus if you have experience with Julia)
- Strong understanding of Financial Markets