An international commodity trading & marketing house, with activities in crude oil production and refined petroleum product exportation, is currently looking to expand their Q&Q team by bringing on an experienced Loss Controller.
The Loss Controller's primary purpose is to act as a focal point for all loss control and quality support in physical trading. The aim is to optimise the business through the management of secure operations whilst continually improving on methods and approach.
Role Responsibilities for Loss Controller:
- Evaluate individual movements to identify potential issues with an aim to prevent any Q&Q issues and support resolution through inspection and counterparties.
- Manage database of inspection-related intelligence with resulting data extraction as reporting.
- Centralised data management tracking initiatives & develop barge data tools.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate loss control status through performance measures and goals.
- Quality & Quantity support to desks and centre of expertise for oil movement, analytical/ quality related intervention.
- Support technical argument on Q&Q related claims as they develop extracting key documents and summaries for the claims analyst to finalize Q&Q and/ or auxiliary claims.
- Coordinate & support negotiation of claims related to physical movements of petroleum; negotiate personally within appropriate authorities.
- Physical & commercial ops support with tap into barge market, local support to Q&Q issues for barges & vessels.
- Vessel, barge and terminal visits, investigations & quality reviews alongside terminal and inspection audits.
Individual Attributes for Loss Controller:
- At least 5 years industry-related experience in inspection, surveying, Q&Q and loss control.
- Background in an analytical or laboratory capacity handling crude and products.
- A knowledge of inspection procedures and marine operations related to the transfer of bulk petroleum products.
- Seafaring experience on tankers would be preferred but is not essential.
- Data analysis and programming skills (VBA/Excel/SQL).
- A high level of adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.