A fast growing FinTech firm from London is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join them in their office in Brussels. You will work proximally with the Head of Internal Audit EEA, the external auditor and the leadership team to deliver the growth expectations of the company. You will help build and define the framework to achieve the regulatory requirements of the jurisdictions they operate in.
The Senior Auditor will:
- Assist with creating and implementing and post audit review of the yearly internal audit program.
- Check that processes comply with the governance principles within the region, through audit assignments. Plus, review that all the regulatory requirements of the region (EEA) are met.
- Create reports which formalize the validated findings, recommendations and action plans.
- Create action plans for audited processes which can improve effectiveness.
- Follow up on audit recommendations;
- Stay on top of any market developments, that effect the economic and regulatory environment and also the internal audit framework.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the 1st and 2nd line control frameworks which implement and monitor the adherence to risk and governance.
- Review and report to the head of audit on the governance framework. Ensure the principal risks are accessed, monitored, managed, controlled and reported.
As Senior Internal Auditor you Should:
- Have 3-5 years' experience in financial services, preferably a focus on payments and international transactions;
- Be a Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Fraud Examiner;
- Have knowledge of governance and regulatory requirements in the financial sector;
- Have good presentation skills, be able to distill opinions into impactful correspondence.
- Have a good aptitude with tight deadlines.
- Be an effective communicator that can build relationships and can be influential to shareholders.
- English as a minimum, ideally also German or French.
Our client is an exciting fast growing international FinTech company, who Pride themselves on their enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams.
To apply for the Senior Internal Auditor role with us, please contact Peter Taylor, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We look forward to hearing from you soon!