Role: Senior Carbon Broker
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: London, UK.
A growing international brokerage with offices located in NYC, Houston and London is looking for a senior carbon broker based in London, UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to use their experience in broking and gain further exposure to the international market or lead their own team/ desk.
- Brokering between suppliers and a large and broad customer base, using their developed customer network.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of the broking markets and offering market views to prospective and current clients.
- Service a range of funds, investment banks, utility companies and distributors directly.
- Manage and develop a list of relationships in the current and upcoming energy market.
- An existing network of clients that they can bring to the desk.
- 3+ years of broking experience.
- Excellent math, IT and research skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organisational skills.
- The ability to understand and quickly analyse complex information.
- Experience and knowledge of their market section.
- Good management skills when working on/running a desk.
The role requires a commercial-minded, driven individual who has experience directly in a front-office or mid-office role. Some of the responsibilities also include working with clients and external contacts.