A leading Multi Strategy Hedge Fund is hiring a Quant Researcher to join an Equity Volatility trading pod in the New York office. They are seeking candidates from top tier investment banks who are covering equity derivatives and volatility trading.
This individual will sit in the business as the direct quant research and quant risk support for a pod of 20+ Equity Vol traders. This position is separate from the fund's centralized risk function - it's a specialized hybrid role focusing on enhancing equity derivative and volatility trading strategies to maximize risk-adjusted returns.
The ideal candidate is well versed in quantitative market risk management, is currently working in a front office risk or trading role, and is either trading or risk managing an equity derivatives book that covers volatility products.
- Evaluate equity volatility strategies and identify key risk drivers
- Optimize portfolios by establishing and enhancing risk and trading limits
- Research specific PnL drivers and work with the traders to adjust strategies and rebalance portfolios
- Lead meetings with PMs and traders to execute risk-aware trade ideas that will maximize returns
- Performing ad hoc analysis and building tools and dashboards for trading teams
- 6+ years of experience in a front office risk management role
- Master's Degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Expert knowledge of equity derivatives and equity volatility products
- Proficient using Python, R, SQL
- Strong communication skills to challenge front office decisions