ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Quantitative Analytics Manager is primarily responsible for conducting quantitative modeling and analytics of financial crimes, covering all key aspects, i.e. data identification and gathering, methodology/technique selection, performance assessment, documentation, and ongoing monitoring. Leading critical projects, this role is responsible for owning modeling practices, methods, and techniques as well as for influencing data strategy with a focus on leveraging both current and emerging technologies and applications. The Quantitative Analytics Manager acts as a leader, strategic advisor and credible thought partner to senior level business partners; as well as manages the integration of activities within and across teams, anticipates business needs, recommends solutions that are both effective and efficient, and communicates the right message.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Independently perform a broad range of quantitative works, including model development and ad hoc analytics to address financial crime compliance needs in AML/BSA/OFAC
- Research, compile and evaluate large sets of data to assess quality and determine suitability for model building
- Develop/maintain internal models and test/configure vendor solutions to ensure conceptually sound design, proper implementation, and acceptable model performance
- Document model development process and outcomes properly and support model validation and review
- Employ innovative techniques to drive continuous improvements in model effectiveness and efficiency, e.g. reducing false positives
- Proactively develop and build technical skills and business knowledge, coach and mentor junior members
- Effectively collaborate with compliance, technology, and risk partners; guides, advises, challenges, and influences to drive organizational impact
- Provide strategic consultation and thought leadership to senior level business partners
Minimum of 5+ years of experience, using SAS & Python in a professional role.