A Global Energy Marketing is seeking a Quant Risk Analyst to support the Power and Gas Trading business in Houston.
The desk trades renewables, North American power, global Natural Gas, as well as cross product financial derivatives. This individual will sit on the trade floor and provide real-time risk analysis to assist the traders in maximizing PnLs.
This opportunity provides front office interaction and experience as well as huge upside in terms of internal growth.
- Provide real-time risk analysis on volatile US energy markets
- Monitor and set risk limits on a fast-paced trade floor
- Enhance risk methodology to maximize desk PnL
- Logging/reporting trades for Houston, EUR, and APAC business lines
- Ad Hoc requests: building tools/dashboards, risk reporting, trade reporting, etc.
- 1-3 years of risk/trade support/compliance experience
- Experience covering Nat Gas, LNG, NA Power, Renewables trading
- Knowledge of ERCOT power; other RTO/ISO knowledge preferred
- Bachelors or Masters with strong quant skills
- Experience with Python, SQL, R, Excel/VBA