Our client utilises a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for their clients. They have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute their success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, they design and build their own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms.
The Quantitative Development team works directly with quantitative researchers to design, implement, deploy and use software for research and trading. As part of the technology team, the team follows modern software development principles and works with peers in technology to mature and evolve these tools for wider use. Quantitative developers drive cross-team initiatives with technologists and quantitative researchers across all asset classes to achieve firm's objectives.
- Work with quantitative researchers to design and build efficient and scalable workflows for research and trading
- Collaborate closely with team members and peers in technology to ensure global consistency and maximize re-use of software components
- Assume strong ownership of projects throughout their full engineering lifecycle
Must have qualifications:
- Degree in applied math, physics, engineering, quantitative finance, computer science
- 2 or more years' experience with Python, C++, or KDB+/q
- Knowledge of finance, data storage, processing and analysis
- Experience with modern software development: version control, agile development
- Excellent technical communication skills
Nice to have qualifications:
- Advanced quantitative skills
- Experience with requirements analysis and designing software solutions
- Experience with continuous integration (CI), logging and monitoring systems
- Database experience