Model Risk Auditor (M/F/X)
Due to expansion, this opportunity presents the chance to be part of one of the world's leading Banks. The role is based in Berlin however travel may be possible and required within the role.
As Model Risk Auditor, you will work within the group audit model risk, market risk and counterparty credit risk teams, providing assurance to senior management and key stakeholders. The role requires strong quantitative and technical background within the aforementioned risk types, quantitative aspects of financial risk in particular, including related controls.
- To Conduct complex model documentation reviews and discuss the findings with the model developers and validators, in order to understand the model, its risks and ultimately asses the adequacy of the model development and its validation.
- Independently test and assess the appropriateness of complex data inputs and processes relating to models or groups of models. Together with the model users and owners you will review all current documentation and systems.
- Adhere to group policies and procedures relating to model risk management and regulatory requirements.
- Diligently raise findings on deficiencies noted during testing to discuss and resolve these with the prospective remediation owners.
Requirements for the role:
- Proven to be capable of working autonomously.
- Quantitative finance skillset gained either via academic background, research or previous work experience.
- A critical mindset in order to successfully identify weaknesses and areas for improvement in models and related processes.
- The ability to independently challenge existing processes and influence stakeholders while working together to ensure best practice.
- Previous audit or model validation experience is preferred but not necessary
Benefits of the position:
- Exposure to all model types used across the group from different regions and purposes.
- Partnering with other members of group audit and allowing further insight on the models being used in practice.
- Training provided on audit policies, methodology and testing approach. External courses and training opportunities relating to quantitative are also possible.
- Located in the hub of Berlin.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Holly-Anne Stewart directly: 030 166430768