Machine Learning Quant Researcher | Top NYC Hedge Fund
A top client of ours is looking for an energetic, outgoing, and driven researcher to join an expanding machine learning team within the fund. The ideal candidate excels in a highly-demanding but constantly-changing environment, presenting new and challenging issues each day. Additionally, this is an incredibly collaborative environment, giving you the opportunity to collaborate with other like minded researchers on a daily basis. This team is seeking new ways to extract alpha from a highly complex market using algorithmic trading strategies. Model creation, development, implementation, and maintenance are all duties that fall under this role.
This group presents a very unique opportunity in contrast to the more common quantitative financial positions. This client values great ideas that produce results, and if you are creative and want to take your future into your own hands, there is no limit to how far you can grow with this firm. This is a great opportunity to join early and experience a significant portion of the firm's success in the years to come.
- PhD or Masters in a stem field
- Strong C++ and Python skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Computational skills
- Python (Numpy/Scipy/Pandas)
- Great communication abilities
- Must work well in a close-knit, collaborative group.
- Creative, independent, highly motivated
- Experience within Quantitative Finance is a plus