A top Alternative Investment Manager with an AUM upwards of 280 Billion is looking to hire a junior level Legal Coordinator/Junior Paralegal to join the firm's Private Equity Legal team in Los Angeles. This hire will report up to the Head Paralegal and be a resource for all day-to-day support for the PE team to ensure the delivery of legal services to the firm's clients.
The hire will be responsible for supporting all team and firm-wide initiatives for both the Private Equity Legal team and the broader Paralegal team as a whole. Some responsibilities would include checking documents against precedents, elevating them for review, ensuring the execution and notarization of all documents, assisting in coordination of workflow with external counsel for NDA's, ensuring organization and completion of all legal records, and recording and organizing data to assist in the analysis of KPIs.
The firm is ideally looking for a junior candidate who has at least 1+ year of experience working at a law firm or in-house legal department, with prior asset management or private equity exposure being a plus. A minimum expectation of a Bachelor's degree is required, along with strong organizational and communication skills.
- General day-to-day support of the Private Equity Legal team
- Checking documents against precedents and elevating them for review
- Assisting in coordination of workflow with external counsel for NDA's
- Coordinating with compliance on conflicts with investment opportunities
- Ensuring organization and completion of all legal records
- Recording and organizing data to assist in the analysis of KPIs
- Prior experience either in a law firm or in-house legal department (at least 1 year)
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail