We are working alongside our client, a leading FinTech start-up and payments platform, in their search for an IT Audit Specialist to join their headquarters in Berlin. The role involves working alongside an experienced team of professionals and performing relevant IT Audit engagements in an internal-facing role. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic environment with a fast-growing and industry-leading employer.
The IT Audit Specialist will:
- Work independently on the entire IT audit cycle, including the planning, implementation and reporting stages, in order to improve the functionality of the Internal Controls Systems
- Focus on risk and process-oriented IT audits, subject to the areas of IT risk management or IT compliance
- Develop and implement IT testing on core areas, identifying weaknesses and ways to overcome them
- Ensure that all audit engagements are completed in line with the required regulatory standards
- Support and advise other departments on issues relating to IT audit
- Adapt quickly to changes within a dynamic environment
- Enjoy flexibility in terms of working hours and benefits
- Work with the latest technology alongside an expanding team
- Be given a high level of independence within a flat hierarchy
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. computer science, business information systems etc.
- Be solutions-oriented and able to work in a structured and precise manner
- Already have an in-depth understanding of regulatory requirements for IT processes in the financial services sector, specifically involving MaRisk and BAIT
- Have had at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in auditing a financial services institution, including practical experience with risk- and process-based audits
- Enjoy engaging with a range of different stakeholders
- Preferably have certifications such as the CISA and CISM
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in German and ideally English, other European languages are an advantage
Our client are well-known as one of the success stories of the Berlin Fintech field and are looking to expand their team in a number of core areas throughout 2021.
To apply for the IT Audit Specialist role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!