My clients who are a large American investment bank are setting up a Retail banking arm in Berlin, Germany.
As an Executive Director - Risk & Controls Manager, you will be in charge of leading & building out the Risk & controls platform & products across Germany.
Additionally, you will ensure the team assists in top-down risk analysis, real-time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis, and remediation.
- Create a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols.
- Review and analyze program-related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) to support business-related programs and strategies.
- Build out the risk & controls platform across:
- Multiple Markets
- Multiple Products
- Multiple Jurisdiction
- Regular Engagement with Regulators & senior Stakeholders from multiple locations.
- Help Lead & Establish the brand into other European markets (once the German entity is fully established).
- Provide leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, including control breaks and resolutions, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk.
- Engage with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators, and technology control functions.
- Experience within a Retail//Consumer Bank.
- Ideally some digital banking experience.
- Fluent in German
- Significant experience of financial services controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, and evaluate a Risk & Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.