An Asset Management firm who leads the industry in systematic investments is looking to hire an Executive Director to provide support and independent oversight of all strategies and risks taken by the firm's funds across all Risk Verticals (Market, Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Model & Investment Risk). This role will sit in New York, have a broad area of coverage across all risk stripes, and work cross-functionally with different business lines while reporting directly up to the IM CRO.
The main responsibility of this role will be to work across different strategies alongside the Head of the Investment Risk team, with the goal of assessing all risks posed by new products and strategies, and stress testing the funds under different market conditions and volatilities. In addition, this person will be tasked with relaying key risk and portfolio changes to senior management. It is a broad area of coverage, where this experienced hire will be expected to wear many different hats.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with around ~10 years of industry experience in investment risk or portfolio management, preferably with solid knowledge of complex derivatives and systematic investing. Additionally, a strong quantitative skillset along with excellent soft skills is required, which is crucial for an experienced Quantitative Risk Manager.
- Oversight of all strategies and risk across Market, Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Model, and Investment Risk
- Assessing and articulating all risk associated with the onboarding of new products and strategies
- Stress testing the firm's funds under different market circumstances
- Constant interaction with the Investment Risk and Investments business
- 10+ years of industry experience in investment risk or portfolio management
- Strong quantitative skillset along with excellent communication skills
- Solid understanding of complex derivatives and systematic investing