A top American Investment Bank in New York is looking to hire an Executive Director of Operational Risk to sit within their Asset Management Division. This person will roll up to the CRO of Asset Management and will be responsible for managing a global team spanning across the US and Asia. This team is accountable for the operational risk oversight and challenge of the entire business unit, and this person will be responsible for working closely with senior management, leading risk assessments and scenario analysis activities, and ensuring adherence to operational risk policies and procedures across the division. The bank has recently completed a series of acquisitions that will affect their Wealth Management, Asset Management, and Consumer banking business lines, so this team will be heavily involved as the bank undergoes significant growth and acquisition integration.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience managing risk in an Asset or Investment Management capacity, a strong background and understanding of Operational Risk, and the ability to work closely with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Lead a global team accountable for Operational Risk oversight and challenge of Investment/Asset Management
- Work closely with the business units to identify, assess, challenge, and mitigate Operational Risks
- Partner with senior management to review and challenge areas of Operational Risk across the division
- Participate in and provide risk management insight at Global Operational Risk Committees
- Lead risk assessments, perform deep dives, review/approval of new products
- 8+ years of experience managing risk in an Asset or Investment Management capacity
- Strong background and understanding of Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, and control environments
- Ability to collaborate with senior management and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to work under pressure