Catastrophe Risk Actuarial Analyst:
One of the world's leading global reinsures focused on commercial property and natural catastrophe and weather linked risk transfer products is undergoing rapid expansion and are currently seeking a CAT Risk Actuarial Analyst to join their growing team in New York. This company is looking for a hard worker who will bring analytic tenacity and business intelligence to enhance profitability through creating and following specific pricing plans.
- Work with Analytic, Underwriting, Cat Management, IT and Legal teams to manage new rate structures and products.
- Create and manage efficient processes for rate implementation and validation.
- Develop premium breakdowns and other reports to answer consumer questions and assist customer service representatives.
- Prepare data for state regulatory and other reporting agencies relative to the company's book of business.
- Create, manage and test control procedures within the department.
- Prepare regular reports and information for managers regarding pricing activity and important changes within.
- Contribute to the development and completion of state rate and rule filings while obtaining an understanding of actuarial concepts and state regulatory requirements.
- Upon request, provide support information on rate filings to the Departments of Insurance.
- Conduct competitive research and complete a thorough analysis to completely understand a competitor's rate structure.
- Utilize technical skills with an understanding of spreadsheets, databases and modeling to support the development of solutions to various challenges.
- 3 to 5 years of actuarial experience in the Property and Casualty industry.
- Passed at least three actuarial exams, currently working towards ACAS.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Economics, Science or Engineering.
- Experience in AIR a huge plus
- Knowledge of SQL