Selby Jennings is working with an incredibly famous, presitigous, and internationally renowned bank. They have a function that is relatively new and their team is actively growing. You can expect engaging challenges, a productive and professional working environment, and an opportunity where you will be pressed to expand your knowledge and horizons.
Job title: Audit - Model Risk - Manager
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Type: Full-time
Summary: The client is looking for an experienced and senior auditor (external/internal) that is comfortable working with risk-related engagements. The ideal candidate would be someone adapable, dynamic and proactive.
The client is seeking someone who is not afraid to ask questions, combat ideas, and learn about new topics, while also bringing their own set of skills and knowledge, preferably with relation to quants, risk, model valuation, and audit within a banking or relatable financial service environment.
Objective: The successful Audit Manager will be responsible for creating audit stratgies and conducting audit engagements while working closely with the risk side of the team on model-related matters. You will also be responsbile in challenging the other departments you work closely with to improve the organization as whole.
You will be expected to be aware of model risk and a strong understanding of risk concepts in general.
You can expect to be involved with multiple, intricate and complex audit engagements, with an addition to the standard audit procedures - reporting and presenting to the relevant authorities.
- Strong, in-depth experience & knowledge of Audit within a banking environment
- Konwledge of applicable banking regulations and laws - locally and international
- Awareness and familiarity with ideally model risk or market/credit risk, quants, or other relevant risk related subjects
- Awareness of streng/weaknesses and willing to learn and improve.
- The ability and confidence to challenge and combat ideas on the behalf of improving the function.
- Minimum BAC+4 degree in audit or management control
- 7 - 9 years of Audit experience with a focus on internal auditing related to quants, model/market/credit risk.
- Obtained an academic degree and are in the possession of certification in Internal Control / Administrative Organisation (RA/RO, ACCA, CPA, CIA)
- Experience in leading/managing teams and can effectively support them.
- International exposure with comfortability working with large, complex organizations.
- Great communication skills - Conflict management, advisory, convincing and other team-working intrapersonal skills.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English - Other langauges would be a plus but not essential.
- Willing to travel several weeks per year.
- To deliever audit engagements and communicate them in an effective and presentable manner.
- Work closely with the risk-side of the team and challenge ideas and concepts.
- Share relevant and new knowledge of audit practices.
- Identifying key risk and process controls
- Setting up the proper audit scope, strategy, testing, and reporting.
- Coaching/ teaching other audit team members, while also being able to learn and be led by others.
- Delievering professional recommendations/discussions to other auditors, senior managers, and relevant stakeholders
If you are interested, please apply and feel free to reach out to me directly. Happy to help.