As a Property and Casualty Actuarial Manager at [Your Company Name], you will play a pivotal role in our actuarial department, contributing to our overall strategic success. This position offers a unique opportunity to lead a team of talented actuaries, influence decision-making, and ensure our pricing and risk assessment strategies are accurate, competitive, and aligned with regulatory requirements.
- Manage a team of property and casualty actuaries, providing mentorship, guidance, and performance evaluations.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture to achieve department goals.
Pricing and Rate Analysis:
- Oversee the development of property and casualty insurance pricing models.
- Analyze market trends, competitor pricing, and loss experience to optimize pricing strategies.
- Ensure compliance with state regulations and industry standards.
Reserving and Loss Forecasting:
- Lead the development of robust reserve models and loss forecasting methodologies.
- Monitor and report on the adequacy of reserves to senior management and regulatory bodies.
- Collaborate with product development teams to design and price new insurance products.
- Provide actuarial input to enhance product profitability and competitiveness.
- Evaluate the risk exposure of the company's property and casualty insurance portfolios.
- Develop strategies to mitigate risk and improve underwriting guidelines.
- Prepare and review actuarial reports for financial statements and regulatory filings.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Stay informed about changes in insurance regulations in Virginia and other relevant jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with regulatory affairs to maintain compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field (Master's degree or actuarial credentials preferred).
- Significant experience (5+ years) in property and casualty actuarial work.
- FCAS Designation
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Proficiency in actuarial software and programming languages (e.g., SAS, R, Python).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of insurance industry regulations and trends in Virginia.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and retirement benefits.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A positive and collaborative work environment.
- Employee wellness programs and flexible work arrangements.