A multi- strategy hedge fund is seeking an experienced Python Engineer for their Data team. Over the last 22 years, they have grown into an institutional global platform with multiple investment strategies. Today, they have over 1,700 employees globally and over $20B AUM.
Candidate will be a key member of a small, focused product team working to create the core data platform that data analysts, data scientists, quantitative investors, and researchers can rely on for sourcing investment data sets. The ideal candidate is obsessed with creating high quality software, loves working with data.
In Addition, the candidate will:
- Develop solutions that leverage cloud-based data and distributed computing technologies.
- Gain a deep understanding of data requirements and utilization for quantitative investment, in order to help drive prioritization and design decisions.
- Partner with end-users and collaborate with team members in order to understand and flesh out requirements, as well as provide occasional first level support.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of professional software development experience. Financial industry exposure a plus but not at all required.
- A passion for data and experience in applying that passion to high quality data products.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices, object-oriented concepts, and the ins and outs of data-focused development.
- Strong preference for data-oriented programming in Python. Experience with programming in Rust a big plus.
- Intermediate or better knowledge of SQL and experience writing production queries against one or more SQL DBMS. Knowledge of PostgreSQL a big plus.
- Experience with basic DevOps techniques, including CI/CD and infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience working in at least one cloud environment. Familiarity with AWS a big plus.