Senior Python Developer - Commodities Trading
Location: London, UK
Salary: £80,000 basic + bonus
Our client are a prominent player in the energy sector, actively engaged in exploration, production, transportation, and marketing of oil and natural gas. They boast a substantial market capitalisation of €66 billion and an impressive €100 billion turnover. They are seeking a Senior Python Developer to join the dynamic team in London. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in their innovative projects within the trading sector, covering crude oil, refined products, biofuels, and shipping. While your focus will primarily be on the Front and Middle Office teams, you'll have the opportunity to engage with various aspects of the business.
- Design and develop high-quality, long-term solutions for the organisation. This is expected to include the design, documentation, development and testing of new applications, as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications.
- Support in the setup and continuous development on technical standards and ways of working; become an internal point-of-contact for how to develop well in Python.
- Develop and streamline the testing of new and existing solutions, embracing automation to bring as much efficiency and stability to the development processes as possible.
- Build relationships with technical teams sitting on the business-side to support and encourage them to deliver and develop within a defined framework and quality.
- Oversight on solution design and delivery quality from any third-party, external developers.
- Identify, propose and implement changes to the current ways of working and technology stack to ensure what we are doing is always of the highest quality and with the lowest of risk.
- Ensure the best and most appropriate technologies are used within the organisation and maintain a close connection to new technologies and ways of working.
- University degree in STEM subject or similar, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years experience working as a developer and at least three years working with Python.
- Prior experience with full-stack development and cradle-to-grave project delivery is highly desirable.
- Experience in using web development frameworks such as Flask and Django, big data processing (Pandas, Numpy), text manipulation (NLTK), integrating Python with SQL (MySQL, SQLite) and Oracle technologies (cx_Oracle), data visualisation (Matplotlib, Seaborne), interacting with MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Outlook, SharePoint), using ML libraries (Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow), using Python and REST API to retrieve, parse, update, and manipulate data, building and managing cloud based repositories.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java and JS are an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Commodity and/or Energy markets, particularly Oil, Refined Products and Biofuels, is desirable.
- Knowledge of the trade lifecycle, including trade capture, validation and valuation is a requirement; detailed knowledge of Market Risk concepts is desirable.
- Strong familiarity with the software development lifecycle and documentation skills.
- Adopts a pragmatic and hands-on approach, is naturally inquisitive and has a good attention to detail.
- Comfortable working on diverse deliverables in parallel.
- Strong communication skills and experience interfacing with Business colleagues, external partners and on-shore and off-shore delivery teams.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of Italian is an asset
Apply now for immediate consideration! Your application will be handled confidentially.