A leading renewable energy provider is hiring a Senior Market Risk Analyst to join their team in San Diego. This position can also sit in Scottsdale, AZ.
The firm develops and owns several solar and wind generation assets as well as over 2000 MW of natural gas assets. This individual will work with the Energy Trading team and report to the Director of Energy Risk as they scale up the risk function.
This is a growth hire that will assist with developing market, counterparty, and credit risk analytics and reporting processes. You'll partner directly with the Head Traders as they actively trade and hedge US power and gas products, including CRR/FTRs on the power portfolio.
- Develop risk tools and dashboards on positions and risk exposures to assist the front office
- Interact with head traders and analysts and provide commentary and analytics on US Power markets
- Provide VaR metrics and Mark to Market exposure on energy hedges and trading portfolio
- Design and maintain firmwide risk reporting processes
- Collaborate with senior management and energy risk committee on ETRM selection and implementation
- 2+ years of market, credit, or counterparty risk experience
- Strong knowledge of physical US Power markets and products
- Excel/VBA, SQL, and PowerBI/Tableau for analyzing and visualizing data
- Experience utilizing ETRM systems