A multi-strategy hedge fund is seeking an experienced equity risk manager to join the team in New York.
This individual will work closely with several fundamental equity Portfolio Managers and Traders to evaluate ideas, effectively risk manage, and optimize performance. The fund needs a self-starter in this seat who can work and think independently, fully collaborating with the front office and providing effective challenge when necessary.
For any candidates looking to take on more responsibility and accountability, this is an excellent opportunity. You will be a key partner to the front office and make a direct impact on the business overall. There is also an opportunity for growth here - over time, you will be tasked with interviewing prospective PMs, evaluating current PM performance, and assisting to develop and evaluate trade ideas from a risk aware perspective.
- Minimum 5 years of equity risk management at a hedge fund, asset manager, or top tier IB (hedge fund experience strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with fundamental equity investing and risk management
- Experience building and enhancing equity risk factor models (Barra/Axioma/custom)
- Proficiency using Python/R and SQL/Tableau
- Leadership accountability over individual projects/deliverables