Position Overview: As a Real Estate Debt Associate, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the firm's debt investment activities. You will collaborate closely with the investment team to analyze, evaluate, and execute debt opportunities while maintaining a keen understanding of market trends and risk assessment. This role requires a combination of financial acumen, analytical skills, and industry expertise.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis and due diligence on potential debt investment opportunities, including underwriting, financial modelling, and risk assessment.
- Prepare investment memoranda, presentations, and other materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the negotiation and structuring of debt transactions, ensuring alignment with the firm's investment strategies and risk parameters.
- Monitor and evaluate existing debt investments, preparing performance reports, identifying potential risks, and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including legal, finance, and asset management to facilitate successful deal execution and ongoing management.
- Stay updated on market trends, regulations, and economic factors affecting the real estate debt market to provide insights for decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, or related field. Master's degree or CFA designation is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in real estate finance, investment banking, or a similar role within the financial services sector.
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills with proficiency in Excel, Argus, or similar financial analysis tools.
- Solid understanding of real estate debt markets, investment structures, and financing instruments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex financial concepts clearly.
- Detail-oriented mindset with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment while also being self-motivated and proactive.