Quant Systematic Trading (QST) Role
A top Hedge fund in the industry is currently seeking a Quant Systematic Traders (QSTs) to join their hedge fund's dynamic trading team. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in options trading, particularly in single stock and equity index options, with a focus on volatility market making and trading strategies. Additionally, proficiency in index and ETF trading, cash equities trading, and bespoke trading strategies is highly desirable. The role involves working closely with the Head Trader to integrate, refine, and improve systematic trading strategies across various time horizons, from market microstructure strategies to longer-term positions spanning months to years.
- Collaborate with the trading team to develop and implement systematic trading strategies, with a focus on options trading, volatility market making, and directional bets.
- Utilize Python and other programming languages to develop and enhance trading algorithms and models.
- Conduct quantitative analysis and research to identify trading opportunities and optimize trading strategies.
- Monitor and manage trading positions, risk exposure, and performance metrics.
- Communicate effectively with team members to articulate trading ideas, project progress, and results.
- Stay abreast of market developments, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory changes affecting trading strategies.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in systematic trading, with a focus on options trading and other relevant trading desks.
- Proficiency in Python or other programming languages, with a strong understanding of trading intuition and market dynamics.
- Demonstrated interest in trading and a track record of success in developing and implementing systematic trading strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts concisely and effectively.
- Strong academic background, preferably with a Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, or Finance.
- Experience in both market making and directional trading strategies is advantageous.
- Prior experience in a trading firm or hedge fund environment is preferred.
- Candidates with a background in quantitative trading who have transitioned to roles in technology and are now seeking to return to systematic trading are encouraged to apply.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Health, dental, and retirement benefits.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- A collaborative and intellectually stimulating work environment.
- Exposure to cutting-edge quantitative research and trading strategies.