Company Summary: One of the top global reinsurer and insurer companies in the world, who specializes in underwriting expertise, risks and claims handling is looking to add a Pricing Actuary to their Actuarial Team. They will be supporting the North American Professional Lines business unit and will work with several lines of business including Professional Liability, Workers Comp, General Liability and Auto.
Locations:This role can sit out of any of their offices: NYC, New Jersey (3 locations: Red Bank, Short Hills & Princeton), Danbury, CT with a hybrid schedule of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
This role will be supporting through profitability studies, price monitoring, planning, individual account pricing and new opportunity analyses.
This person will also support the development, validation, and maintenance of technical pricing models, across the various professional and liability lines products.
- They are looking for someone with pricing experience, strong technical skills in predictive modeling or modeling of some sort like Phyton or R.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent within Actuarial Science or similar technical field
- Experience in pricing at a reinsurance company or broker or large account pricing experience at an insurance company
- Expert level user of MS Office
- Solid technical skills in predictive modeling. Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, VBA, R, or SQL
- Familiarity with Professional & Management Liability insurance products a plus.
- Self-initiated and high motivation; proactively addressing of issues
- Strong team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and international environment
- Ability to manage priorities
- Demonstrated rigor and work ethic