A rapidly growing Biotechnology Company is in search of a General Counsel to join the legal team at their company located in the Boston area. They are looking for the General Counsel to have experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical/ life science industry who thrives in a rapidly growing, high-volume, and collaborative corporate environment. The team is a group of open minded and cooperative individuals who are intelligent and self-motivated to help the biotechnology company continue to deliver exceptional service to their customers. The General Counsel will be responsible for all legal matters of the company, including FDA regulatory matters, transactional work, intellectual property, etc. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow within the company and receive long term incentives such as stock and equity.
The Biotechnology General Counsel will be responsible for:
- Providing legal guidance regarding healthcare regulatory law, privacy laws, fraud and abuse laws, product liability laws, etc.
- Advising the business on all FDA regulatory matters.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of biotechnology contracts.
- Communicating potential regulatory risks that may impact the Biotechnology Company.
The Biotechnology General Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of legal experience serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences companies.
- Juris Doctor (JD) and member currently in good standing of any State Bar.
- Experience providing legal guidance on healthcare and FDA regulatory laws/matters.
- Extensive transactional legal experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts.