We are working a mandate with one of our global multi-strategy hedge fund clients, who are a top performing fund for institutional investors, that are looking to add multiple headcount to their London Data Engineering team.
They will be looking for Data Engineers with proven experience within the fixed income space, and a strong understanding of fixed income as an asset class. The data engineers will be working directly with PM's assisting with their data needs.
- Work on designing, implementing & continuously evolving data platform's including pipeline & repository
- Carry out data ingestion, curation, preparation and access required for systematic alpha ideas exploration, analytics & reporting
- Support with data warehouse tasks, as well as data access via API's
- Build, automate and maintain ETL process from various market data vendors and internal operational data stores.
- Work closely with, and communicate well with PM's and researchers
- Broad knowledge of Python - 3+ years minimum
- Broad knowledge & experience of database concepts with proficiency in SQL and stored procedures.
- Experience working with cloud or on prem technologies and data infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related discipline with excellent academic credentials
- Buy Side (or sell side) experience (knowledge of financial data)
- Multi-asset class experience - fixed income focused
- Experience with designing and implementing real-time pipelines would also be nice to have but not essential
- Experience in Kafka is a plus (nice to have, not essential)
If you feel this role would be a good fit for you, please apply below. Ensuring that you have strong experience with python and a good understanding of financial data.