Working with data analysis that will directly benefit the investment and trading teams, globally. Working on a new team that is being built out by Christopher Yen, who spent the first nine years of his career at Bridgewater and is joining Two Sigma in January once his non-compete expires. They want to continue to grow the team and develop future leaders in the company, under the guidance of a career professional.
The firm is well known as an innovative one that is always thinking about the "big picture" with regards to the problems they are solving. They want to continue revolutionizing how data is analysed and used to solve not just financial problems, but broad economic issues that transcend industries.
Full benefits package as well.
- Curate massive amounts of data for thousands of different tradable instruments, including stocks, bonds, futures, contracts, commodities, and more;
- Perform manual steps and develop programs and processes to ensure the completeness and integrity of financial reference datasets;
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Help drive continuous improvements to data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
- Create systematic and automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets;
- Be part of a team to support the data used by production trading algorithms.
- 3+ years professional experience in an environment that prioritized data quality
- A bachelor's degree with a strong academic record, which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems
- An understanding of the software development process and exposure to hands-on coding in a professional environment
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.
- Experience with Python (and/or Java)
- Experience with SQL and working with a relational database system, such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities including pattern detection, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- An understanding of how to design and develop effective data quality tests and measures
- Relevant experience in data operations, with proven process improvement skills