C++ Software Engineer
Selby Jennings is working with a leading Qaunt Trading that is committed to world class research. They empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets.
Their culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. They believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At this firm, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
Core Development is a global team of technologists who architect, build and maintain their world-class trading platform. From optimizing their core trading engine to building custom hardware, they leverage software & hardware engineering, data science and research, to deliver the infrastructure and tools that drive our trading and business needs.
What You'll Do:
We are looking to add a talented Software Engineer to their Core Development team, which is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining their Algorithmic Trading Platform. They will be focused on C++ functionality, and will be responsible for creating and optimizing scalable, multi-tiered applications and infrastructure. We are looking for someone who will be able to solve difficult technical problems in a fast-paced and energetic environment. This may include other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You'll Need:
- At least 2+ years of computer programming skills using C++ in a Linux environment
- Strong understanding of computer systems e.g. operating systems, networks, performance optimization, etc
- Experience in Object-Oriented design and multi threaded programming
- Experience in creating/supporting cross-platform multi threaded applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ideally some experience in developing low latency systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Reliable and predictable availability