Backend Software Engineer | AI Startup (Remote)
We have exclusively partnered with a well funded, Series A, AI infrastructure startup. This company seeks to tackle the centralized aspect of the recent AI revolution. Its goal is to democratize access to the underlying infrastructure driving AI innovation, which is currently controlled by a small number of influential companies.
In this role you will be: creating prototypes, evaluating trade-offs in proposed solutions, formalizing technical decisions, and implementing innovative research. Close collaboration is expected with experienced engineers and operators who specialize in developing and delivering products within the realms of machine learning (ML) and blockchain technology.
- Partner closely with product, and research teams to design prototypes and iterate with the engineering team towards production-grade solutions
- Review code and technical proposals with feedback for other team members
- Work in domains such as distributed/p2p systems, AI/ML, and blockchain/cryptocurrency
- Work extensively in Python/Pytorch, Rust, GCP
- Build, test, debug, and deploy large-scale decentralized systems across hundreds of nodes
- B.S. or advanced degree in Computer Science or related study from a top academic institution
- Experience at an AI, ML, or blockchain startup
- 3-6 years of experience at a prominent technology firm
- Fluent in systems languages such as Rust, C, C++, assembly languages, shell scripting, DSLs, etc.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: networking, distributed systems, storage, databases, operating systems, and runtimes, facilitating the reading of research papers and system design based on them.
- Experience in building and deploying production-level systems or applications, with emphasis on systems related to machine learning or incentive design.
If you have experience at an AI, ML, or blockchain startup, you'd likely be a great fit and are encouraged to apply!