Despite its promise, artificial intelligence is not an automatic answer to resolving hiring biases in financial services. While new software has emerged to aid recruiters and hiring managers speed up the process, left unchecked they are furthering the under-representation of women and minorities in the workplace. Despite what we like to believe, machines are far from neutral.
In the conclusion of the three part series, Advancing Women of Color in STEM, we take a data-dive into how artificial intelligence furthers hiring bias. Inside How Artificial Intelligence Reinforces Hiring Bias you'll discover:
• The impossible promise of artificial intelligence
• Why artificial intelligence is not neutral
• How commercial facial recognition software is primed for lighter-skinned faces
• The need for data-set validation and auditing
• How to avoid furthering bias when using artificial intelligence