Our client, a leading independent Investment Bank established over 30 years ago and specialising in corporate brokering, advisory services and equity research, is currently looking to on-board a Risk & Control Analyst in its London office.
Our client provides strategic support in navigating Capital Markets, with a focus on small and mid-sized companies; the firm's commitment to Independence and client-centrism has established it as a trusted partner in the UK's financial landscape, particularly within the mid and small-cap sectors.
The role will entail:
- Conducting Risk assessments across different business's units to identify potential vulnerabilities and areas of concern.
- Analyse data and trends to develop Risk profiles and scenarios for various operational activities.
- Design and implement robust control measures to mitigate identified Risks effectively.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure that control measures are integrated seamlessly into existing processes.
- Maintain working knowledge of regulatory requirements surrounding best industry practices to provide recommendations for Risk management strategies.
- Establish monitoring mechanisms to track Risk management strategies.
- Deliver reports summarising key Risk indicators for the business and areas of control.
- Develop and implement incident response plans to address and contain potential Risk events promptly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in a related field (Finance, Business, Risk Management etc.,).
- Minimum of 2 year's working experience in a related capacity within an Investment Bank, Asset Manager or Hedge Fund that trades illiquid securities, including FTSE 250 and AIM Securities.
- Strong understanding of Financial Products, Markets, Risk Management practices and Trading Platforms (Bloomberg or Fidessa).
- Good understanding of Front Office Risk and Control measures.
- Effective communicator, both in a verbal and written capacity.
- High proficiency with Excel and Word essential.