Seeking a Talented Linux System Administrator to join an elite trading firm in their Chicago office.
A proprietary trading firm is currently looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Linux System Administrator. This permanent position offers the opportunity to join our client's prestigious technology team based in Chicago.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining Linux-based systems while ensuring maximum up time of critical trading applications. The role also involves performance tuning, configuration management as well as working with networking protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ year's experience with Linux administration
- Proficiency in one programming language, ideally Python.
- Previous experience working in trading.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies including but not limited to TCP/IP Networking Protocols (TCP/UDP), DNS/DHCP/NTP Services
- Hands-on experience implementing Configuration Management tools like Puppet/Chef/Saltstack etc.
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to hardware such as servers & storage devices
- Knowledgeable about Python scripting language
This role must sit in their Chicago office working 5 days per week in person.