A globally renowned international bank in NYC with office locations worldwide is looking for an investment portfolio associate within markets treasury. The firm is a publicly traded financial services company assisting more than 40 million customers worldwide in ~60 countries. Located in in Midtown Manhattan, this position will report directly up to the head of the investment portfolio - markets treasury. Interest rates and volatility are up which directly impacts this team. The role will involve working on investment decisions and strategy for the portfolio with the CIO, and you will be expected to execute trades from day 1 should you display sound knowledge of associated risks and financial instruments.
Detailed Job Description:
This is a 4-person team that directly manages the interest rate risks on the banks investment portfolio. This hire will manage the structural interest rate risk of the bank - formulating interest rate, investment, liquidity, and funding strategies for the bank to be in line with their overall policies and governance structure. You will be expected to manage on-balance sheet assets and off-balance sheet liabilities. The scope of the role will increase with time, but initially you will be expected to deliver analytics to the rest of the team regarding risk exposure, learning hedging strategies, and the HM wants you ultimately to execute trades. You will generate investment ideas and enhance the portfolio. This is a role that will require you to manage the firm's risk for the investment portfolio working alongside the traders being responsible for managing risk, and working on trade executions with the CIO.
- Develop analytics for managing risk within the investment portfolio - revenue forecasting, liquidity, market, ad credit risks
- Fully understand prepayment modeling practices
- Understand risks the business is exposed to and responsible for managing. Quantity and monitor key drivers of the risk position
- Support management's desired interest rate risk posture, such as the following:
- Investment Portfolio's compliance to Market Risk, RWA, and liquidity limits.
- Trade execution across Investment Securities Portfolio products
- Support management in sector allocation as well as individual security selection within the portfolio.
- Generate original investment ideas to drive relative value considerations and enhance portfolio returns for management review.
- Expected to be familiar with the sensitivities of the local balance sheet for which they are responsible
- Understanding of qualified hedge accounting practices and the impact of those standards
- Model governance for models owned by markets treasury.
- 3 years' experience in a Treasury / Global Markets role and relevant degree
- Worked for large investment bank portfolio and covers MBS, typical fixed income securities.
- Python, quant background, but clear communicator to work with HM
- Strong preference for bank portfolio investment securities experience.
- Strong product knowledge in liquid Fixed Income, IR Derivatives, Securitized Products primarily Agency MBS
- Strong preference for experience supporting mortgage-backed securities trading and modeling, fixed income analytics, and US fixed income markets.
- Proven experience and ability in resolving complex issues with minimal guidance through leadership, influence and negotiation.
- Highly analytical background with track record of producing quality analysis
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal and written, as jobholder will be regularly interacting between various internal and external stakeholders.