- Develop and maintain relationships with institutional clients in Hong Kong and China.
- Provide clients with market insights and research products.
- Execute trades for clients and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and internal policies.
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure.
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics.
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you.
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in sales trading.
- Experience in developing and maintaining client relationships, from acquisition to ownership of prominent institutional accounts.
- Knowledge of equity trading, different trading strategies, equities, the market place and market issues.
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is required.