The Database Platform Engineer will work as part of a team to create and refine innovative solutions to empower our business. The position will enable the business and technology teams to leverage various data platform technologies at a high level. The Engineer will enable users to provision, analyze and consume data via performant, secure and scalable database platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Automate database platform provisioning, configuration, monitoring, issue remediation and security.
- Expert understanding and troubleshooting of complex database systems.
- Maintain a high bar for standards around code quality, deployment, security, architecture and automation.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to accomplish engineering project goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience administering/ engineering database engines (ex: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- 7+ years of experience using SQL or NoSQL based languages
- 5+ years of experience using scripting languages (ex: Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work with REST API and other non-DB direct interfaces
- Ability to work with CI/CD and SDLC workflow (Ex: JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, Github, Jenkins, Octopus, DbUp, etc.)
- Applies a high bar for database platform security to deliverables
- Expert knowledge of underlying database platform engine(s) infrastructure and concepts
- Committed and driven to improve existing and newly developed processes
- Collaborative and transparent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex concepts to various audiences helping them to understand the benefits of technologies and recommended course of action
- Working with containerized platforms (ex: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Working with products applying configuration management and Infrastructure as Code principles (ex; Terraform, Ansible, Powershell DSC, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Experience working with or interest in cloud environments and products (ex: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience working with or interest in object-oriented programming languages (ex: C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience working with or interest in data distribution systems (ex: Kafka)