Our client a world-leader within investment management, based in London now require a Windows Infrastructure Engineer to join the platform team. This is a hands-on technical role on a cross-platform engineering team, this team are responsible for core technology infrastructure where you will work in a collaborative environment.
The Windows Platform Engineer will design, maintain, and ensure smooth operation of the organisations operating systems. The Windows System Engineer will design, implement, and integrate infrastructure systems on multiple platforms including windows.
Windows Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design and maintains the firms operating systems and authentication systems.
- Support and implement the firms authentication systems, databases and visualization infrastructure, core network services and messaging and endpoints on Windows and Linux for both internal and external facing environments.
Windows Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
- Strong Windows and Systems automation experience
- Experience with C# or PowerShell required (Python and Rust would be advantageous)
- In-depth understanding of the Windows platform and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of Windows platform and related technologies (Active Directory and Failover Clustering)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with tracing tools (WireShark, ETW and ProcMon)
- Experience with Windows Server Applications and management tools (Exchange, SQL, SCCM, Hyper-v and ADFS)
- Knowledge of network protocols, Linux and Information security concepts is required
- Experience integrating systems across on-prem and cloud-based environments.
- Ability to work on containers on Windows and Linux