A top American Investment Bank in New York is looking to hire a Vice President of Operational Risk to its Wealth Management arm of the bank. This person will be responsible for helping to develop, maintain, and execute Operational Risk frameworks, assisting in the 2nd line oversight for WM, and challenging the 1st line on implemented controls. The bank has recently completed a series of acquisitions that will affect their Wealth Management, Asset Management, and Consumer banking business lines, so this team will be heavily involved as the bank undergoes significant growth.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Operational Risk, Market Risk, or Investment Risk, a background in Wealth Management, and strong SQL, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Establish, maintain, and execute the Operational Risk oversight framework for the Wealth Management business line
- Develop strong relationships across the bank and with the 1st line in order to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Assist in developing product monitoring and stress testing capabilities to support WM
- Identify, assess, challenge, and drive the mitigation of operational risks
- Communicate with senior stakeholders, senior management, and WM Risk Committees about potential risk exposures
- 5+ years of experience in Risk Management including Investment Risk, Market Risk, or Operational Risk
- Knowledge of financial products and wealth management services
- Experience with ORM frameworks, RCSAs, and risk reporting
- Strong SQL, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are required
- Blackrock Aladdin and knowledge of crypto currencies are preferred